Delegates in the Miss Oklahoma Organization, at both the state and local level, gain experience through participation in interviews, talent performances, public speaking, promoting individual social impact initiatives and social/digital media interaction. Cash and in-kind educational scholarships are available to all young women who advance to the state competition.
To become a Miss Oklahoma delegate, you must enter and win a local competition. Local competitions are held throughout Oklahoma. Once you win a local title you qualify to advance to the Miss Oklahoma Competition held each year in June at the River Spirit Casino Resort in Tulsa.
Phases of Competition*
- Personal Interview with Judges
- Onstage Interview
- Talent Competition
- Social Impact Pitch
Age and Residency Requirements*
- Must be at least 17 years old and a high school senior and no older than 25 as of Dec. 31 of the year competing at the national level.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be a bona fide resident of Oklahoma or a full-time student physically attending an accredited college or university located within Oklahoma or is employed and working full-time.
- Participate in fundraising for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
- Meet character criteria set forth by the Miss America Organization.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the local and state competitions in which you compete.
*Both the phases of competition and age and residency requirements are subject to change
Interested in starting a local competition in your area? Please contact email@example.com for more information.